Council is committed to ensuring the ongoing safety of customers and staff whilst balancing the necessity to follow state government guidelines and directions.
As the number of persons attending must not exceed 10 people and social distancing requirements continue, staff have been carefully considering how to best resume services to the community.
The following modifications to service delivery will be implemented during Stage 1 of the Library reopening:
- The Library will be open on weekdays from 10:00am to 5pm
- Doors will be manned and access monitored by a staff member.
- ENTRANCE to the Library will be via the FRONT door on the Westlands car park side.
- EXIT from the Library will be via the REAR door on Ekblom Street.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each door and customers will be asked to sanitize on arrival and departure.
- Each person will be required to ‘sign in’ with their name, phone number and membership number upon arrival.
- Each person will be limited to a 30-minute maximum visit.
- Limited computers access with a 30-minute limit.
- Protective plexiglass screens have been installed at customer service counters.
- Social distancing floor stickers have also been installed, please respect the staff and fellow customers by maintaining social distancing rules.
We are currently working on a plan to upgrade and replace our public computers to meet public expectations and improve your customer experience.
Please be patient with us as we are working as quickly as we can, whilst returning the best result for our customers in the smallest timeframe possible.
We apologise for the inconvenience and if you do have an urgent need to access a computer please ring or come into the Library and see the staff who will where possible help you out or point you in the right direction.