Whyalla City Council
Customer Service Charter
Purpose of a Customer Service Charter
The Whyalla City Council Customer Service Charter has been developed to further build and enhance relationships and partnerships with our community and customers, and to enable a system for continuous improvement to our levels of customer service.
OurCustomer Service goal
To create and maintain a customer service culture throughout the organisation that ensure the delivery of consistent and quality customer focused services whereby our customers are dealt with promptly, courteously, efficiently and effectively at all times.
What you can expect from Whyalla City Council
Our Staff will:
- Identify themselves
- Be polite, helpful and treat you with respect
- Listen carefully in order to understand and respond to your needs
- Explain actions and provide accurate, clear and consistent information where possible
- Respect and protect your privacy
Our customer expectations:
- To treat our staff with mutual respect
- To respect the rights of other customers
- To provide accurate and complete information in your dealings with us
- To respect the community in which we live
- To work with us to solve problems
How will we measure our service:
- We will report monthly on our service levels
- We will invite written feedback at all Council customer service points
Our Service Standards
How to make a compliment, comment, enquiry or complaint
To provide compliments, comments, enquiries or complaints to the Whyalla City Council you can:
- Access our website: www.whyalla.sa.gov.au
Compliments, comments, enquiries and complaints can be lodged online or you can download a hard copy.
- Visit our customer service Desk at the Civic Building Darling Terrace
Customer Service Staff can provide you with a Customer Service Feedback Form
- Telephone 8640 3444 or Facsimile 8645 0155
Customer Service Staff can record details of your compliment comment, enquiry or complaint and ensure it is directed to the correct officer for action.
- Send us an email:
email@example.com and provide details of the compliment, comment, enquiry and complaint.
- Write to us: Whyalla City Council
PO Box 126 WHYALLA SA 5600 and provide details of the compliment, comment, enquiry or complaint.
- Social Media
Council will accept comments via facebook.com/whyalla city council
*Social Media should not be used to lodge requests for service or formal complaints
The ombudsman SA is an independent office that has comprehensive power to investigate complaints made in relation to Local Government. Customers have the right to contact the Ombudsman SA at any time if they are dissatisfied with an action or inaction of the Whyalla City Council.
The Ombudsman SA may be contacted at:
PO Box 3651
Rundle Mall SA 5001
T: (08) 8226 8699
F: (08) 8226 8602
Toll Free: 1800 182 150