The City of Whyalla is initiating a Christmas Incentive Scheme to help support the celebration of Christmas and bring some cheer to the Whyalla community this festive season.
Funding is available for businesses, creatives and community groups to support the delivery of beautiful and surprising experiences throughout the city this Christmas.
Mayor Clare McLaughlin believes this is a great opportunity for everyone to get involved this Christmas.
"With COVID-19 reducing the ability to hold community events such as carols and the pageant, we thought this would be a fantastic incentive to get businesses and community groups involved in spreading Christmas cheer in a different way this festive season," Mayor McLaughlin said.
"This will help light up Whyalla shop fronts, as well as enticing residents to check out a host of local shops – helping promote local spending – so I encourage anyone eligible to apply and start getting creative!”
The Christmas Incentive Scheme aims to promote themed window displays that help bring the magic and joy of Christmas to the city. Applications for funding to help with costs associated dressing any of Whyalla’s street windows (including those that are vacant) can be submitted to council during the timeframes outlined below. Successful applicants will be required to have their window completed by or before 21 November.
Who can apply?
- Commercial organisations/businesses
- Not-for-profit organisations and groups
- Precinct groups
- Sole traders
- Christmas Incentive Scheme opens Thursday 22 October 2020
- Applications close midnight Thursday 5 November 2020
- Notification of results by Friday 6 November 2020
- Projects must be completed by 21 November 2020
- Acquittals must be submitted by Friday 26 February 2021
How to apply
It is recommended that all applicants discuss their project with the events department before submitting an application online.
Rebecca Neilson; Events and Tourism Development Partner
08 8640 3444
Deborah Hughes; Arts and Culture Facilitator
08 8640 3444
Josh Berkett, Digital Content Officer
08 8640 3444
- All applications must to be submitted online. Late or posted applications will not be accepted.
- Once submitted, applications will be assessed according to eligibility criteria, assessment criteria and available funding.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their application.
Once approval is granted
Prior to payment, all successful applicants will be required to:
- sign an agreement detailing the funding terms and conditions.
- provide a copy of their public liability insurance Certificate of Currency for a minimum of $20 million.
- provide a tax compliant invoice for the agreed funding amount.
All successful applicants will be required to complete an acquittal report of the project by the end of February 2021. Applicants who do not complete and return an acquittal report will be ineligible for any future applications and City of Whyalla funding.