The following is required when lodging your development application form:
- Completed and signed development application form (refer link below)
- Three (3) copies of all Technical drawings/plans (if larger than A3 size, then please provide one A3 copy)
- Copy of Certificate of Title
- Completed & Signed Relevant Development Check List (Residential Development Only)
PLEASE NOTE - Development Application fees are payable at the time of lodging your application, which can be done in person or via mail to:
Whyalla City Council
PO Box 126
WHYALLA SA 5600
If you require assistance completing your application form and/or determining appropriate fees, please contact us on (08) 8640 3444.
Residential Code & Building Rules Consent Only (Fast Track)
The residential code simplifies planning approvals for some common forms of residential development.
Private certifiers in addition to Councils may undertake planning assessments of residential code developments. The State Government website maintains a list of private certifiers.
Under the code, you can apply in most cases for:
- common residential works and structures such as sheds, carports, verandahs and rainwater tanks;
- single-storey additions and alterations to existing homes; and
- new single-storey and two-storey detached and semi-detached homes.
The code sets out performance criteria related to physical aspects of the development, such as location, height, boundary set-backs and site coverage. These criteria allow Councils and private certifiers to quickly process applications that comply with the code.
The code applies only to applications for development plan consent. For development approval you may also need to apply for building rules consent and land division consent.
Some minor home improvements such as small sheds and pergolas do not require Development Plan Consent and can be treated as Building Rules Consent Only (conditions apply).
There are some sections of Whyalla the Residential Code does not apply. Please first check with Council to see if your property falls within such an area.